Monday, April 7, 2008

One Down Two to go....


Well I have survived the first week of the school holidays and I must say we have been having loads of fun. We haven't done anything that is earth shattering, but it has been very enjoyable. Lots of swimming, lots water fights, lots of fun in the sun and even a snow fight....... Snow fight, yes that's right, a snow fight. Last Wednesday we slipped our jeans on, got out a thickest winter socks, scratch through the draws for that long sleeve shirt and headed out to Snow City. I can't remember the last time any of us mentioned these words.....Gosh I'm cold....and here we were in the middle of Singapore and we were cold. The Kids had a fantastic couple of hours in the snow with their new friends sliding down a snow covered hill, throwing snow balls, sitting in an igloo, having cold fun.

Back to reality, our time was up in Snow City, so back out to the real world, peel off the jeans, slip the singlet tops back on and head for the nearest pool. What a great day and it was nice being that cold even if is was only for 2 hours.

Who knows what week two will bring, but if we only have half the fun of our first week I think it will be just as enjoyable.
I just put the photo on the right in of a storm we had one afternoon last week, I think it might have been the best storm we have seen since arriving here..

A happy holiday wish for Catherine and David, we hope you both enjoy your holidays. I don't know what you are up to, but knowing you two it will be some wonderful adventure that I wish I was coming on.

1 comment:

david said...

Thanks for the good wishes, gang but we have just spent our holiday budget at the wine show!! Take care and keep up the great blogging xxxxx